Wanderer, better known as Scaramouche in Genshin Impact, is a 5 star anemo character fighting with a catalyst. He is mostly played as a DPS and offers an original gameplay. With his elemental skill, he levitates and attacks in the air. In addition to being particularly fun, he does good damage. In this guide we explain how to play and equip Genshin Impact Wanderer. You'll know which artifacts and weapons to give him to get the best build, in which teams to play him, etc.
How to get Wanderer (Scaramouche) in Genshin Impact ?
Wanderer, aka Scaramouche in Genshin Impact, is a 5 star character. You can only get him when he is featured in an Character Event Wish.
You have a small chance to unlock Genshin Impact Wanderer by wishing on the Banner From Ashes Reborn. This one is available from December 7 to December 28, 2022.
Genshin Impact Wanderer constellations
You can play Genshin Impact Wanderer without any of his constellations. But if you really like the character, they will help him to gain power.
With his C1, he will have his attack speed increased by 10% during his elemental skill and will do more damage. The C2 will extend the skill and increase the damage inflicted.
How to play Wanderer (Scaramouche) in Genshin Impact ?
Wanderer (Scaramouche) is played as a DPS in Genshin Impact. It can perform powerful Anemo attacks and Swirl attacks on other elements.
Genshin Impact Wanderer's gameplay relies heavily on his elemental skill Hanega: Song of the Wind. When activated, Wanderer will propel himself through the air and inflict greater Anemo damage. The area of impact will also be increased.
While in Windfavored, Wanderer can only perform normal or charged attacks and does not consume stamina, but Kuugoryoku points. Wanderer has a total of 100 Kuugoryoku points. When there are more, the skill ends.
To do maximum damage, launch a charged attack first, then two normal attacks (with the elemental skill activated). If there are a lot of enemies, it's best to use a combination of charged attacks.
However, even when in the air, Wanderer will not escape most enemy attacks, even if they don't seem to hit him. You will have to dodge if the character is not protected by a shield.
Wanderer will also do a lot of damage with his elemental rampage: Kyougen: Five Ceremonial Plays. He projects a vortex that explodes on his enemies. But be careful; casting this ability ends Wanderer's elemental skill. We therefore advise you to activate it at the end of your sequence.
Genshin impact Wanderer's abilities
Thanks to the Jade-Claimed Flower passive, if Wanderer's elemental attack comes into contact with other elements, it will benefit from the following buffs:
- The Hydro grants 20 points of Kuugoryoku in addition;
- The Pyro increases the ATK by 30%;
- Cryo increases the critical rate by 20%;
- The Electro recharges energy through normal and charged attacks.
You can only use two effects at a time. We recommend that you start by casting the elemental skills of your other characters before switching to Wanderer and activating his elemental skill.
The second passive of Wanderer, Gales of Reverie, offers a chance to unlock the Descent effect when performing normal or charged attacks during his elemental ability. If you sprint at this time, Scaramouche will fire 4 arrows dealing 35% Anemo damage at ATK.
To take advantage of Wanderer's full potential, first increase the level of his normal attack, then his elemental skill and finally his elemental rampage.
What is the best equipment for Wanderer in Genshin Impact ?
To do maximum damage in Genshin Impact, Wanderer will need a fairly standard DPS build. You'll mainly need to increase his ATK as well as his critical hits and damage. In this guide we reveal the best artifacts and weapons for the Wanderer build in Genshin Impact.
The best weapons for Wanderer
The best weapon to equip on Wanderer in Genshin Impact is none other than his signature weapon: Tulaytullah’s Remembrance. Its secondary stat will boost critical damage while its passive will increase attack speed by 10% and normal attack damage by up to 48% when casting normal attacks.
If you don't have this weapon, there are other options:
- Origin of the Four Winds: The catalyst increases critical rate and movement speed by 10% and provides an 8% elemental damage bonus every 4 seconds while the character is in combat. This effect can be used up to 4 times;
- Skyward Atlas: Secondary stat increases the ATK and the passive boosts elemental damage by giving normal attacks a 50% chance to trigger an attack;
- Memory of Dust: this catalyst also greatly increases the ATK. You are advised to equip it only if you play a character who summons shields.
- Solar Pearl (Battle Pass weapon): This is the best 4-star option. Catalyst increases critical rate. With the passive, elemental skills increase the damage of normal attacks just as normal attacks boost elemental skills;
- Dodoco Tales: This catalyst increases the ATK as well as the damage of charged attacks;
- The Wildsith: Increases the DMG Crit and when the equipped character is deployed, a melody is triggered. This melody can randomly increase ATK by 60%, boost elemental damage by 48% or grant 240 points of elemental mastery.
If you don't have any of these weapons, you can switch to any other catalyst that brings ATK, critical rate or critical damage.
The best artifacts for Wanderer
To complete the Genshin Impact Wanderer build, the best artifact set is the 4-piece set Desert Pavilion Chronicle. With two pieces of equipment, you increase Anemo damage by 15% and with 4, when a charged attack hits an enemy, the character's normal attack speed will be increased by 10% and the damage of their normal, charged, and diving attacks by 40% for 15 seconds.
But it is also possible to choose a combination of 2 pieces of equipment from the sets Desert Pavilion Chronicle or Viridescent Venerer for the Anemo damage bonus and 2 pieces from an artifact set that gives an 18% bonus to ATK, such as Gladiator's Finale or Shimenawa's Reminiscence.
If you want to play mostly Wanderer to perform Swirl, you can start on a build with the 4-piece Viridescent Venerer set. It boosts the damages of Dispersion of 60% and lowers the elementary resistance of the enemies of 40% during 10 seconds according to the elementary type of the Swirl.
For the statistics we recommend :
- Hourglass: ATK%;
- Couple : damage bonus Anemo ;
- Crown: critical rate or critical damage.
For secondary statistics:
- CRIT Rate;
- Damage CRIT;
- ATK and ATK%;
- Energy recharging ;
- Basic mastery.
What are Wanderer ascension and skill materials in Genshin Impact ?
To raise Wanderer (Scaramouche) to level 90 in Genshin Impact, you will need the following resources:
- 1 Sliver, 9 Fragments, 9 Chunks and 6 Gemstones of Vayuda Turquoise as well as 46 Perpetual Caliber that you will get on the Aeonblight Drakes;
- 160 Rukkhashava Mushrooms: we tell you where to find them in our dedicated guide. You can also locate them with the interactive map of Teyvat ;
- 18 Old Handguards, 30 Kageuchi Handguards and 36 Famed Handguards to collect from the Nobushi and Kairagi in Inazuma.
And to increase Nomad's skills:
- Teaching of Praxis, Guide to Praxis and Philisophies of Praxis. These scrolls are available on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday in the Tower of Ignorance dungeon;
- Daka Bells (from level 7): you will get them by fighting the boss Shouki no Kami.
Which team should Wanderer (Scaramouche) play in?
Wanderer (Scaramouche) in Genshin Impact has the advantage of being particularly flexible. You can play him in many teams.
To boost your Anemo damage, we recommend you to play Wanderer with Faruzan in Genshin Impact. This will lower the Anemo resistance and increase the Anemo damage. Jean is also possible if you have unlocked his fourth constellation. You can even play them together.
Then choose characters with Cryo, Pyro, Hydro or Electro preferences to boost Nomad's elemental ability.
For example, you can play :
- Faruzan or Jean / Bennett / Xiangling / Wanderer;
- Wanderer / Faruzan or Jean / Rosalia / Layla or Diona;
- Shinobu / Yelan / Faruzan / Wanderer;
- Xingqiu / Yelan / Faruzan / Wanderer;
- Wanderer / Xiangling / Xingqiu / Bennett, etc.
Since Wanderer has a very low resistance to interruption, we advise you to play him with a character that increases his resistance like Xingqiu, or with a character that can summon a shield like Diona, Layla, Beidou or Zhongli.
What is the age and size of Wanderer (Scaramouche) from Genshin Impact ?
Wanderer (Scaramouche) in Genshin impact was created by Raiden, but the Archon Electro later rejected him. He then joined the Fatuis and became their sixth enforcer and thus one of the main enemies of the Traveler.
But he eventually left their ranks to break free from all authority and is now called Wanderer. We don't know his age, since he is immortal, but we can guess that he is several centuries old despite his youthful appearance. He is approximately 1m63 tall.
That's it for this guide dedicated to Wanderer (Scaramouche) from Genshin Impact. Thanks to our tips and tricks, you are now familiar with this unique, dynamic and fun gameplay character. It is currently the only character that can attack in the air. It will also be very useful for exploration.
However, we regret that HoYoverse did not push this specificity further and that Nomad can be hurt by attacks that do not seem to reach him. It will be important to play him with a character able to protect him and to equip him with the best equipment.
If we compare it to Xiao has the advantage of not depending on his elemental rampage and of inflicting Anemo damage much more easily. However, like all Anemo characters, he will not be able to perform elemental reactions besides Swirls, which limits his offensive potential. Nevertheless, he will be a good DPS with an efficient build, even in the abyss!
Please, tell us how we can improve this article.
Or if you have other suggestions about JeuMobi. :)
Let us make it better! (for help or questions, go below in the comment section)