Tencent and NetEase are two of the biggest names in the video game world. Indeed, both publishers are currently part of the ranking of the biggest video game publishers in the world! They respectively occupy the first and second place in this ranking which lists the game publishers with the biggest turnover! 😎
In 2021, the largest video game publishers are ....
According to the ranking drawn up by French journalist Oscar Lemaire, several well-known publishers occupy the top positions among the world's largest video game publishers. The journalist published this ranking of the biggest game publish ers based on the fiscal year 2020-2021, i.e. from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021. The figures are clear, the two strongest in the world are, respectively, Tencent, in first place, followed closely by NetEase, in second place!
Note that this ranking only takes into account revenues from software sales. Hence the notable absence of Sony (PlayStation) and Microsoft (Xbox)! In addition, we find several big names, including the top twelve on the list:
- The Chinese giant Tencent with its 2 billion euros turnover. Tencent is notably known for being one of the main shareholders of LoL and therefore of Wild Rift. But Tencent has also participated in Call of Duty Mobile, Fortnite and even PUBG Mobile. All in all, it is one of the publishers that has been quickest to enter the world of mobile games (and it pays off)!
- The Chinese publisher NetEase with a turnover of about 7 billion euros! We know them for their participation in the Identity V games, but also for the mobile Battle Royale Cyber Hunter, Creative Destruction, etc. They are also involved in the development of Diablo Immortal on mobile!
- In third place, we find Activision Blizzard, almost equal with NetEase. This publisher is known for Crash Bandicoot, CoD, World of Warcraft and Hearthstone.
- Nintendo comes fourth with 5 billion in sales.
- Electronic Arts (EA) is fifth with a turnover of 4 billion.
These video game publishing giants are followed, in order, by the publishers: Take-Two, Bandai Namco, Nexon, Ubisoft, Square Enix, PlayTika, Garena, etc.
While China's rise is overwhelming, Japan, the United States and France are not falling behind. They still come out on top! In addition to being the best in the game, Tencent has recently joined forces with Xbox, further increasing its influence in the video game world!
We're sorry that this article was not useful to you!
Let us make it better!
Tell us how we can improve this article?